Five new museums were officially opened in Mons on 2nd April 2015:
- Artothèque: This former chapel houses Mons art and cultural collections.
- The Mons Memorial Museum: Dedicated to the history of World War I and II.
- The Musée Doudou: The story of Ducasse de Mons, the Doudou festival and St George and the Dragon.
- The Belfry: UNESCO protected site which was constucted in 1672, is recently renovated, with a new center devoted to the history of this unique baroque belfry in Belgium.
- The SILEX’s: The UNESCO world heritage site is one of the oldest neolithic flint mines and important archaeological locations in Europe.
: Use of undefined constant ASC - assumed 'ASC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/30/d415190134/htdocs/amirinia/wp-content/themes/kingsize/template-prettyphoto.php
on line 90